A friend just sent me this picture from Copenhagen. This is the scariest thing I've ever done in my life. Sky diving was nothing compared to this. I'm sitting because I couldn't stand I was shaking so badly. I'm so glad there is a picture to document it even if it doesn't look quite as high as it felt. It's a great shot. This is the Church of Our Savior and the spiral dates back to the 1700s. The railing was lower than hip height where I am and you can see how the stairs were getting narrower until they ended completely where Brian is standing and taking my picture. On the climb up inside the building there was an old clock tower and we could see all the original gears from the 1600s with the King's seal. Then the huge bells and old rope. It really was amazing; we just stumbled upon it and wer

e the only ones there. We were looking for Christiania, the famed self-governed radial commune area and we thought maybe we could see it from up there and sure enough we found it- we could see the entire city!
I just read that it is now closed for repairs so I'm glad I crawled the last few steps. This was definitely more dangerous than skydiving in my book.
(And I've decided that this blog won't have much to do with school because that's all I do the rest of the day. Unless I feel like writing further about morbidity compression or statistical power I'll just keep posting silly things.)

2 comments:
Cool shot. It's my desktop wallpaper now. -PI
Kelsey, you may be more brave than I. I'm not sure I would have gotten that far, by the looks of it. It's official, you are my hero!!
Post a Comment